Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

  1. #21
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    Valiant is a Tennesse native who has had a pretty good career to have never been a main-event name in the major companies. He was in the old WWWF back in the 70's and headlined in the Memphis territory before he ended up in the Carolina's with Jim Crockett Promotions. He used to wrestle a lot of cards in this area when he worked for JCP. Crowds loved him!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 89bluedevil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the older wrestlers I grew up watching was on a local sports radio show Tuesday. For his age, The Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant, is doing pretty well. If you would like to hear the interview check out this website.

    http://www.bdstradio.com </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling was the highlight of every Saturday for me when I was a kid. Today's product just doesn't compare to the good old days.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 89bluedevil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling was the highlight of every Saturday for me when I was a kid. Today's product just doesn't compare to the good old days. </div></div>

    Johnny Valentine, Wahoo McDaniel, Black Jack Mulligan, Thunderbolt Patterson, Art Nelson...

  4. #24
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling was the best regional promotion going in the 70's! I watched the shows every Saturday. The early matches between Flair and Steamboat for the US Title were awesome. Mid-Atlantic used to have cards at Greear Gymnasium @ Clinch Valley College. I can remember seeing Flair, Snuka, Paul Jones, Baron Von Raschke, Wahoo McDaniel, Ivan Koloff, the Sheik, Blackjack Mulligan and former Olympic weightlifter Ken Patera in Wise. Those were the days!

    Mid-Atlantic was based out of the Carolinas, but there was another promotion called Southeastern Championship Wrestling based out of Knoxville than ran cards in several of the small gyms around Southwest Virginia too. Freedom Hall was one of their larger venues and they had a one-hour show on WJHL. The company was owned by the Fuller family and had some guys like Ronnie Garvin, Bullet Bob Armstrong, the Mongolian Stomper, Jos Leduc, Tim Horner, former UT big man Doug Furnas, and some classic "southern style" matches between Ron/Robert Fuller and Phil Hickerson/Dennis Condrey. And, of course, the "King of Kingsport" Ron Wright was the voice of the promotion. Great stuff!
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    Jimmy Valiant is having his graduation for his wrestling school this Sunday in Shawsville. I heard him mention the "King of Kingsport" when he was talking about who would be there on the radio, but didn't know he was referring to Ron Wright. Those are a bunch more names from when I was a kid I had forgotten.

    I would love for some of that old footage to be put on DVD.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    Another good wrestling promotion back in the day was Georgia Championship Wrestling, hostes by Gordon Solie...had Maniac Mark Lewin, Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Freebirds and so on and so forth. That was a Saturday evening show.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #27
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    Remember Ernie "The Big Cat" Ladd?

    I stopped at at a gas station in Dobson, NC once. Ivan Koloff was pumping gas into a rundown Toyota. I said, "How you doing?" He replied, "Pretty good." His non-Russian accent killed me - talked like the average joe. I bet I laughed for the next 30 miles up I77. I'm laughing now just remembering!

  8. #28
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    lol..that's funny cuz I met Ivan Koloff, Nakita Koloff, [richard] Murdoch, and Stan Hansen in the McDonalds on Stone Drive when I was a kid...and they were all sittin at the same booth cuttin up...tripped me out. And yes, I remember Ernie Ladd..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #29
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another good wrestling promotion back in the day was Georgia Championship Wrestling, hostes by Gordon Solie...had Maniac Mark Lewin, Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Freebirds and so on and so forth. That was a Saturday evening show. </div></div>

    Remember Southeastern Championship Wrestling out of Knoxville? You mentioned Maniac Mark Lewin...we went to the TV taping down there that day when he made his debut on there.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cops: Ric Flair roughed up by daughter's boyfriend

    What was the guy's name who played for the Falcons then went into pro wrestling; acted like a real looney?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •